Non-resident Indians can now transfer their funds to India through the Money Transfer Service offered by Western Union. This service is currently available for inward remittances in India.
"Credits to NRE/FCNR accounts are not permitted to be routed through Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS)"
TRM (To Receive Money) Form <<<click to download
The Money Transfer Service in brief
- The remitter fills in a form at the nearest Western Union outlet. He pays for the transfer amount and service fee.
- The remitter gets a unique "Money Transfer Control Number" (MTCN).
- The money is transferred electronically to the Central Database of Wesstern Union at USA.
- The sender informs the beneficiary about the remittance along with the MTCN.
- The beneficiary goes the nearest outlet of the Western Union agent. He collects the money after showing proof of identification.
- Payment in India is to be made in Rupees. The conversion of foreign currency into rupees will be done by the Western Union at a predetermined rate.
The service is available at the following branches <<<<< click on the link for seeing Branches-- Zonewise, Region wise
For more particulars, please contact :
International Banking Department, Head Office,
Bangalore - 560 009
Tel: 91 80 22353901.Extn 379 ;
Telex: 845 - 8362 Fax: 91 80 22283684