State Bank of Mysore was established in the year 1913 as Bank of Mysore Ltd. under the patronage of the erstwhile Govt. of Mysore, at the instance of the banking committee headed by the great Engineer-Statesman, Late Dr. Sir M.Visvesvaraya. Subsequently, in March 1960,the Bank became an Associate of State Bank of India.State Bank of India holds 92.33% of shares. The Bank's shares are listed in Bangalore, Chennai and Mumbai stock exchanges. The Bank has a widespread network of 707 branches(as on 31.03.2011) and 22 extension counters spread all over India which includes 6 Small and Medium Enterprises Branches, 4 Industrial Finance branches, 3 Corporate Accounts Branches, 6 specialised Personal Banking Branches, 10 Agricultural Development Branches, 3 Government Business branches, 1 Asset Recovery Branch and 8 Service Branches, offering wide range of services to the customers.